I will be sharing the materials provided by the USCCB on the prayers, reflections, and call to action for each day on this blog. If you would like to download the PDF that includes all 9 days you can download it at the USCCB.
From the USCCB Novena 9 Days 2017 Full Color PDF:
Day Two: Sunday, January 22, 2017
Because January 22, 2017 falls on a Sunday, the annual “Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children” is observed Monday, January 23 in 2017.
More Information: www.goo.gl/ueuvvB
Intercession: May each person suffering from the loss of a child through abortion find hope & healing in Christ.
Prayers: Our Father, 3 Hail Marys, Glory Be
Reflection: Today, on this 44th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we consider the past four decades in which our society has legally permitted abortion. Since that tragic decision, many children’s lives have been lost, and many suffer that loss—often in silence. Yet God’s greatest desire is to forgive. No matter how far we have each strayed from his side, he says to us, “Don’t be afraid. Draw close to my heart.”
“In the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation, also called confession, we meet the Lord, who wants to grant forgiveness and the grace to live a renewed life in him. … We bishops and priests are eager to help you if you experience difficulty, hesitation, or uncertainty about approaching the Lord in this sacrament. …we are ready to welcome you.”*
Let us run into the arms of Jesus, who is love and mercy.
Acts of Reparation (choose one):
- Today, go visit an adoration chapel and spend some time with Jesus.
- Go to confession today or this week. Before you go, look up St. Faustina (goo.gl/bXcnwP) and learn a little about the message of Divine Mercy that she shared during her life.
- Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy (goo.gl/kMkSZ2) for those who are suffering the loss of a child through abortion, asking that they find healing and peace.
One Step Further:
- Hope after Abortion(hopeafterabortion.com)
- “How to Talk to a Friend Who’s Had an Abortion”(goo.gl/bz3pld)
- “Life Matters: Forgiveness and Healing after Abortion” (goo.gl/J2WGnW)
- “Bridges of Mercy for Post-Abortion Healing” (goo.gl/MpC7RG)
*“God’s Gift of Forgiveness: Pastoral Exhortation on the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation,” www.goo.gl/oXNDBj. Copyright © 2012, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington, DC. All rights reserved.